Come on in! Let's talk FOOD!

"Bacon grease makes pretty much anything taste better!" is the local philosophy and I grew up on good, down home country cookin'! Although I've ventured into a healthier way of eating (some of the time) I still enjoy many of the favorites of my childhood. I also have a passion for Italian food and I'm slowly but surely learning the pleasures of cooking with fresh herbs. Here I'll share with you a broad spectrum of recipes...some healthier than others, but all of them guaranteed DELICIOUS! : )

*I have imported posts from my other blog. These posts may involve topics other than food, but they do include recipes or food related information at some point in the post. Future posts to this blog will be more strictly food-related but I did want to include these recipes here.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Creamy Jigglers

Perfect for a Valentine treat!

These are fun. If you have kids, they will love you even more for making these. If you don't have kids, find some to make these for and they will love you.

Really.

You will also gain the sincere admiration of various adults with discriminating good taste. Make some and pass them around at the office, a church gathering, or just pick a street corner. See if I'm not right. You'll make all kinds of new friends. ; )


Seriously though, this is such a simple, tasty little treat. Make them with sugar free Jello and sugar free pudding and they're not even terribly fattening!

Adorable Easter eggs!

*I haven't made these recently and won't be making them for a couple of weeks (I always make them for Valentine's Day) but I wanted to get this posted now so you can pick up the necessary ingredients if you'd like to make them for your Valentines, too. The pictures here are ones I found at Kraftrecipes.com and not my own. *


Creamy Jigglers
<----- Click here to print
2 1/2 c. boiling water
2 lg. or 4 sm. pkgs. Jello
1 c. cold milk
1 sm. pkg. vanilla instant pudding

Stir boiling water into gelatin. Dissolve completely; cool to room temperature (about 30 minutes). Pour milk into mixing bowl. Add pudding mix and beat with wire whisk until well blended, 1 to 2 minutes. Quickly pour into gelatin, stirring with wire whisk until well blended. Pour into 13 x 9 inch pan. Refrigerate until firm (3 hours). To cut jigglers, dip bottom of pan in warm water for 15 seconds to loosen gelatin. Turn chilled mixture onto a cutting board or cookie sheet. Cut shapes with cookie cutters or just cut into cubes using a sharp knife. Lift from board or pan and place on serving tray. Keep refrigerated.

Tips and Tricks

*You can very lightly oil the pan to make it easier to remove the Jigglers. VERY lightly. Nobody wants a greasy Jigglers, ya know.

*Let your imagination run wild. Experiment with flavor combinations. I adore these things made with orange Jello. Tastes like a Dreamsicle! Lime works well for St. Patrick's Day. And for the Fourth of July there is even blue Jello to go with the red!

*If you want to make a lot of these and you need to take them somewhere,
simply layer them into a large, deep Rubbermaid or Tupperware container with sheets of waxed paper between the layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love some comments! :) If you have a question about something I posted, ASK IT! If you tried a recipe and have a review, SHARE IT! If you tried a recipe and added a touch of your own, TELL ME ABOUT IT! :)